Phone: (724) 983-2910
Hours of Operation: Hours are posted on the Learning Center door and campus monitors.
Services: The Penn State Shenango Learning Center provides academic services to help students realize their potential. Through both group and individual study sessions, the Learning Center offers a variety of free services to all students, including:
- Free professional and peer tutoring in a variety of subjects, including algebra, biology, calculus, English, history, Spanish, and writing. Students may also request tutors for subjects not listed. Simply stop by or complete a Tutor Request Form and submit it to the Learning Center. We will try to find you the tutor that you need.
- Individual and group study sessions
- Free academic workshops
- Computer-assisted instruction
- Computer lab with wireless internet access
- Reference material
- College Success Skills instruction (reading comprehension, coping with test anxiety, study skills, etc.)
Policy for Students with Disabilities
It is the policy of the Penn State Learning Center to provide accessible programs, services, activities, and reasonable accommodations to any student with a documented disability as defined by section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. It is our policy to ensure that students with disabilities have an equal opportunity to pursue an education.
The Learning Center provides individualized testing accommodations for students with documented disabilities. The most frequently requested testing accommodations are for extended time for exam completion and a separate testing location. Other accommodations may include a test reader or use of a computer.
These descriptions are intended to provide a general idea of the types of accommodations that are available through the Learning Center.
For further reading, please visit the office for Disability Services.