Thinking of getting a head start on college?
Penn State Shenango offers high school students the opportunity to take college courses on campus at a 50 percent tuition reduction. This enables students to get a jump on their college careers by earning college credits while still in high school. Students participating in this program may choose from a variety of courses offered at Penn State.
- You must be a high school student in your junior or senior year.
- Academic eligibility will be determined by the Admissions Office at Penn State Shenango.
- You will receive grant-in-aid for 50 percent of the tuition for up to two courses per semester.
- To remain in the program for subsequent semesters, you must earn a grade of C or better in each course.
- Credits earned through this program are valid at any Penn State location and may be transferred to other institutions in the same way as any other Penn State credits.
- Students who have graduated from high school are not eligible to participate.
Interested? Contact your guidance counselor to discuss taking classes at Penn State Shenango. Students may also contact the Admissions Office at Penn State Shenango at 724-983-2803 for more information.
To enroll, you must submit the following information:
- A non-degree dual enrollment admissions form
- An official high school transcript
- SAT or PSAT scores or ACT scores
- A letter of permission from your guidance counselor or high school principal
Dual Enrollment Scholarships
Mercer County residents can participate in community service opportunities to earn up to $500 each semester to apply towards their Dual Enrollment bill.
Schedule Your Visit
The Admissions Office is open from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday and Friday.
The Pennsylvania State University encourages qualified persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact Jammie Clark at 724-983-2838 in advance of your participation or visit.