Reach your goals
In today's rapidly changing and competitive marketplace, education is truly a life-long endeavor. That's why adult students are enrolling in colleges and universities in record numbers. At Penn State Shenango, you get the quality education employers demand and the individual attention you deserve.
Are you an Adult Learner?
An adult learner is a student who is 24-years of age or older; a veteran of the armed services; returning to school after four or more years of employment, homemaking, or other activity; or is assuming multiple adult roles such as a parent, spouse/partner, employee, and student.
Adult learners may start taking courses one at a time (credit or noncredit). They also may not go through the admissions process until later in their educational experience.
About returning to the classroom
Adult students often enter the college environment anxious and uncertain about their ability to succeed and compete successfully with more traditional students. Current research tells us that adult students are typically more successful than younger students because of their maturity and the experience that they bring to the classroom. Adults are likely to exhibit high levels of motivation, more specific occupational goals, and an uncompromising desire to get the most education possible for the money. Penn State provides a variety of services and activities to help adult students be successful in their college experience.
As an adult learner at Penn State Shenango, you'll have unlimited support and opportunities. You can:
- Get professional guidance and support all along the way.
- Select from more than 200 noncredit, certificate, and degree programs.
- Take advantage of a variety of scheduling options, including enrolling part- for full-time while participating in day and/or evening classes; completing a program at your workplace; or studying at home through correspondence classes or courses via the Internet.
- Interact with a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff.
- Accumulate college credits that are transferable to other learning institutions.
- Earn a certificate or degree that is respected worldwide.
Schedule Your Visit
The Admissions Office is open from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday and Friday.
The Pennsylvania State University encourages qualified persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact Jammie Clark at 724-983-2838 in advance of your participation or visit.