Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

Shenango Policies

Persons, Other than Students or Employees, who are injured or become ill on University Property

Purpose:  To Outline the University’s policy regarding accidents or sudden illnesses occurring on University property and involving persons other than students or employees.


Assistance: It is the policy and intent of the University to render emergency assistance to anyone who is injured or stricken with sudden illness while on University property.

                   1.      The services of a nurse, and possibly a doctor, may be
                            available in an emergency situation.

                   2.      If an emergency situation develops on other University
                            property, such as field laboratory, ball field, the
                            nearest doctor or other medical facilities should
                            be used.

Reporting Accidents or Illnesses: After the necessary initial assistance has been given to an injured or suddenly ill person, an immediate report of the circumstances should be made.

Report accidents or illnesses to the Campus Chancellor or other Administrative officer.  The Chancellor or area administrative Officer will report immediately to the Risk management Office, 411 Rider Building, University Park, PA 16802, (814) 865-6307.

Insurance Coverage: Upon notification of bodily injury Accident, the Risk Management Office will determine whether the accident occurred in a area or under circumstances in which insurance coverage is effective.  If the incident is covered, an immediate report will be made in accordance with the terms of the policy; if insurance coverage is not effective, the report of the circumstances of the accident will be kept on file for future reference.