Practice Interviewing in a Few Easy Steps
Activating your InterviewStream account
- Go to InterviewStream and click on the right side of the page.
- Click "Create an Account."
- Complete the fields as prompted and click "Register."
If you don’t have access to a computer with a webcam and microphone, you may use a a computer in the office of Career Services, Sharon Hall 201.
Conducting an Interview
- From the User Dashboard, click "Conduct Interview."
- If you want a pre-built interview, you may select any of the ones listed.
- If you want to customize an interview, click the "Customize Your Own Interview" button.
- For a class assignment, select the interview with your instructor’s name and course number.
- For a customized interview, open the Major Category folders for questions to find areas of interest. Once you find a question you like, click it and it will be added to your interview (maximum of 10 questions at a time).
- Follow the instructions for setting up the Flash Player, microphone (move the blue slider until your volume level reaches above the orange line), and webcam. Once that's completed, you'll be prompted to begin the interview.
Once you've selected your interview, the interviewer will give you a brief introduction. When the interview begins, there will be a "3-2-1" countdown to camera live.
You will NOT see yourself on the screen.
After each question you'll be given the options to review your answer, re-record your answer (up to two times), and continue.
- After you've completed the interview, click "Submit" and a prompt will appear, which will allow you to view the interview, go to your homepage, or log out.
- Click “View Interviews” and then choose which interview you would like to review.
- You can use the manual counter to keep track of "filler" words, or you can do a self-assessment.
- Use the “Umm/Like” counter to see how often "filler" words are used in conversation!
All interviews are reviewed by the Career Services counselor, and feedback is emailed to you. You can also ask others to view and assess your interview by sending them the URL.