Welcome to Penn State Shenango!
At Penn State Shenango, faculty members not only teach but also serve as advisors to students. This means students are getting guidance from experts in their chosen area of study. Our small-campus environment makes it easy to learn—even in the toughest of classes.
- Average class size: 25 students
- Student-to-Faculty ratio: 15:1
- Full-Time Faculty members: 30
- State-of-the-Art Library Facility: Resources are available from Penn State's 24 locations, as well as from all of the other Big ten universities.
We want our students to succeed. Some students may need tutoring or extra assistance in writing, math or study skills. The Learning Center provides a variety of special services for students of all majors. Accommodations can be arranged for students with disabilities.
- Peer and professional tutoring is available in nearly every course Penn State Shenango offers
- Writing assistance is available to help students working on papers and essays.
- Quiet-study and group-study areas are available.
Penn State Shenango has many different athletic opportunities for students. Students who are interested in playing a varsity sport can join our co-ed Golf team. Intramural sports are played throughout the year and do not require the same time commitment as varsity sports.
- Our varsity Golf team belongs to the Pennsylvania State University Athletic Conference (PSUAC) and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
- Intramural sports include 4-on-4 Flag Football, Basketball and Volleyball.
There’s much to do outside the classroom at Penn State Shenango. Athletics, theater, student government, and community service are just a few options that keep students busy. Student activities not only provide students with a fun way to become involved, they are also a great way to develop leadership skills.
- More than 15 clubs and organizations
- Comedians, bands, and speakers chosen by students to perform on campus throughout the year
- Trips that take students to the Gateway Clipper, Penn State football games, New York City, and beyond
Since Penn State Shenango is an open campus, the local traffic/population has access to the campus. We are committed to keeping our students and campus constituents safe and updated on any on campus happenings.
- On-site security, 7 days a week
- Mass Notification system that broadcasts information/alerts across campus
- PSU TXT, a phone texting system that sends messages/alerts (from weather alerts to school closings) to all subscribed phone numbers
Three out of four Penn State students receive some type of financial aid. Scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study awards make it easier to pay for higher education. Our financial aid counselor can work with you to make Penn State Shenango affordable.
- Federal and state-funded aid. To be considered for aid, students and parents must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov. Penn State recommends filing your FAFSA by Feb. 15 for maximum consideration of all aid programs
- Private scholarship opportunities. To find online scholarship search engines, check out www.psu.edu/studentaid and click on the scholarship link
- Pre-payment and deferment plans available
Education is not an end, but a beginning. Our Career Services counselor provides student with realistic career information and career exploration opportunities and helps motivate students to establish a clear relationship between studying and working.
- Workshops and counseling help create a resume
- Mock Interviewing to develop interviewing skills
- Opportunities for internships, job shadowing, and mentoring
- Lion Link, a program that connects students with alumni
- Nittany Lion Career Network, Penn State’s own online job listing source
Academic Advising: 724-983-2860
Career Services: 724-983-2969
Chancellor's Office: 724-983-2900
Finance/Tuition Payments: 724-983-2810
Food Services: 724-983-2950
Student Activities: 724-983-2836
Student Government: 724-983-2842
>>BACK TO TOP
Office of Admissions:
Penn State Shenango's Facebook
Create Your Badge
Students who have scheduled classes for the semester may view/pay their semester bill online at http://www.elion.psu.edu/.
Electronic bills have replaced all paper bills.
Tuition bills WILL NOT be mailed!