Cybersecurity is a field that deals with the protection of computer systems, networks, programs, and data from attacks and unauthorized access, including the development of cyber defense tools to protect critical infrastructure as well as the analysis and mitigation of cyber threats.
Cybersecurity is a very broad field. This program focuses students beyond the information technology field and instead focuses on:
- Analysis and visualization of cybersecurity data
- Development of skills in cyber defense technologies, tools, and processes
- Identification of cyber incidents
- Understanding the actions of malware
- Cybersecurity risk analysis and management
- Communication of concerns to business stakeholders and the general public
What to expect
The curriculum addresses a critical need by building on a foundation of mathematics and computer programming, preparing students to recognize, analyze, defend against, and manage cyber risks. The program emphasizes cyber defense technologies, cybersecurity analytics and visualization, and risk analysis and management.
The Cybersecurity Analytics and Operations program draws from concepts and skills associated with a number of disciplines, including:
- Information science
- Management science
- Statistics and data science
- Human behavior
- Law and policy
Graduates will be prepared to join the rapidly growing cybersecurity workforce deployed across organizations of diverse sizes and missions.
You might like this program if…
- You enjoy working with and on computers as well as their operating systems and applications.
- You have an interest in business and organizations and securing
- You want to protect digital information, data stores, and computer networks from threats.
- You want to learn the cyber defense strategies used to anticipate, recognize, and defend against computer attacks.
- You're passionate about keeping sensitive information out of the hands of hackers, cybercriminals, and terrorist organizations.
- You enjoy working on a team to solve technical problems for organizations.
- You are interested in business, computer programming, and mathematics.