"What's Your Big Idea?" Challenge
Penn State Shenango and the eCenter @ LindenPointe are holding the annual “What’s Your Big Idea?” Challenge and would like YOU to participate.
If your idea is chosen, you could receive up to $1,000 towards your new start-up, as well as personal mentoring through the Invent Penn State VenturePointe initiative and the eCenter @ LindenPointe, Hermitage, PA.
Who is eligible to participate in this first round?
All Penn State Shenango students, faculty, staff, and Pennsylvania community residents and university students.
Your idea can be a new product or service or an improved product or service. It can be a for-profit business or a not-for-profit agency or organization. It can be research oriented or a community engagement initiative.
How do I submit an idea? (Phase I)
Deadline is February 19, 2021.
We have provided two methods for submitting your idea:
- Online form below
- Paper form: submitted at either the Student Affairs Office located in Sharon Hall room 103 on the Penn State Shenango campus or at the eCenter @ LindenPointe located at 3580 Innovation Way, Hermitage, PA 16148. Due by end of business on February 19, 2021.
What happens after submission?
The eCenter @ LindenPointe and Penn State committee will review all submissions and select five winners who will move on to Phase II.
- You never know, you may be on to something good!
- It may ignite your entrepreneurial mindset to help you advance in your career.
- Good community networking.
What do Phase I winners receive?
- Prizes will be awarded for top five “pitched” entries.
- Personal assistance to perfect your “pitch.”
- An opportunity to pitch your Big Idea on March 24, in front of judges and become the winner of the Penn State Shenango “Big Idea 2021 Challenge.
- Compete in various other Penn State University-wide pitch contests which offer big prizes. Plus, a chance to attend a four-week Idea Test Lab at VenturePointe to see if your idea is viable.
If you are chosen as the 2021 “Challenge” winner, you will also have the opportunity, if you choose, to advance your idea and be eligible to (Phase II):
- Receive personal entrepreneurship mentoring and expertise through the Invent Penn State Initiative and eCenter leadership.
- Incubator opportunities include: marketing, operations, legal structuring & intellectual property assistance, technology by utilizing Maker’s Studio, while you work towards making your Big Idea pitch a reality by incubating at the eCenter @ LindenPointe.
- Join the accelerator program to incubate and receive $1,000 to advance your new start-up.