In today's rapidly changing and competitive marketplace, education is truly a life-long endeavor. That's why transferring to Penn State Shenango may be the right choice for you and your family. At Penn State Shenango, you get the quality education employers demand and the individual attention you deserve.
Are you a Transfer Student?
Students are eligible to transfer to Penn State Shenango if they:
- Have earned a high school diploma or a GED
- Are in good academic standing at your previous college(s)
- Have attempted or will have attempted 18 or more semester hours of college course work at a regionally accredited college/university before enrolling at Penn State
- Please note: Transfer status is based on credits earned after high school graduation.
What to Expect
As a Transfer student at Penn State Shenango, you'll have unlimited support and opportunities. You can:
- Get professional guidance and support all along the way.
- Take advantage of a variety of scheduling options, including enrolling part- for full-time while participating in day and/or evening classes.
- Interact with a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff.
- Accumulate college credits that are transferable to other learning institutions.
- Earn a certificate or degree that is respected worldwide.
How to Apply
- Create a MyPennState profile
Note: If you schedule an appointment with Admissions, we’ll waive the $65 application fee. Check out how to apply for free.
- Fill out the application in your MyPennState profile. Have a copy of your college transcripts available.
- Review your MyPennState checklist for prompts to ensure all required supporting materials have been received. These may include: official final high school or college transcripts, or your official GED score report. These may be mailed or faxed to our Admissions office. Once all materials have been received, your application will be considered complete.
- After receiving your offer of admission, pay the $230 registration fee. Congratulations! You’re officially a Penn Stater. Check your email regularly for information about taking the ALEKS assessment and orientation.
Penn State Shenango and BC3 have a comprehensive articulation agreement, which allows many community college students to complete their coursework and transfer to Penn State to complete a baccalaureate or other advanced degree. Penn State will waive the application fee for any BC3 transfer student who applies to the University. Contact Admissions for your fee waiver.
To see how your credits will transfer, go to Evaluate Transfer Credits Online.