PENN STATE SHENANGO VETERANS RESOURCE CENTER
The Veterans Resource Center helps ensure a successful transition from the military to college, providing academic success and achievement of career goals as well as a safe, supportive environment for all student veterans.
In Spring 2015 a task force was created, lead by a student veteran to identify needs, location, and materials for a Veterans Resource Center on campus. During that time the task force received monetary donations as well as donations of material by several local organizations. Since then Veterans Resource Center has held its grand opening, honored the donors, and continue to provide services for all
The Veterans Resource Center provides support and resources for Penn State Shenango student veterans, their families and the community.The Center also offers a designated space for all students which provides opportunities for peer-to-peer support, mentoring, and social networking.
For all Student Veterans- Positive transition, Retain, Graduate.
- Student Lounge
- Free snacks
- Computer access
- Employment Resources
- Peer networking
- Free Health & Beauty items
- “Veterans-Only” Conference room
- Informational programming
- All Penn State students are welcome
Student Veterans Association
The Penn State Shenango SVA is a major source of support for the Veterans Resource Center, and helps maintain the space.
- To provide an opportunity for student veterans to learn what they have available to them, including those resources not available in the classroom.
- To provide a forum to student veterans and the campus community for the discussion of veterans needs and its relevance to current events.
- To provide a place for ALL students to relax and ask questions of club members as well as be a part of the organization in the goal of being a vital part of the Penn State Shenango community.