The Penn State Shenango Academic Resource Center (SHARC) adheres to the guidelines for all centers throughout the Penn State system.
A professional setting with an atmosphere conducive to learning, the SHARC offers academic assistance to students by stressing active collaboration through cooperative learning.
Professional and peer tutors as well as instructional software, provide a means by which students can thrive and excel in an academic environment to achieve their educational goals.
Scheduling a Tutor
The SHARC uses WC Online, a web-based scheduling system for students to make appointments with tutors. Students can search tutors by subject area and compare available times to make an appointment that is convenient. According to demand, tutors may be requested in subjects not listed.
- Visit WC Online to schedule your appointment
- Click on the link that says "Click here to register"
- Register with your Penn State email address and a unique password
- Create new account, fill out the form, click "Register"
- Review schedules, select a tutor, and make an appointment!
For technical support, contact Melissa Fowler.
The Penn State Shenango Academic Resource Center (SHARC) provides academic services to help students realize their potential. Through both group and individual study sessions, the SHARC offers a variety of free services to all students, including:
- Online tutoring
- Professional and peer tutoring
- Individual study sessions
- Group study sessions
- Academic workshops
- Quiet study rooms
- Computer lab and internet access
- Learning software
- Reference material
- Reading and study skills assistance