Your next step starts here
It’s never too early to explore your future. We have the resources you need, whether you’re a freshman still deciding on a major, getting ready to walk across the graduation stage, or are a Shenango alumni.
Penn State’s top-ranked Career Services office is committed to offering an array of programs and services that supports your career development so you feel confident as soon as you step into the workplace.
No matter your next step, whether it be deciding on a major or negotiating a full-time offer, we can help you work towards your dreams.
Career preparation services
Programs and resources are provided to assist students and alumni in specifying career goals, expanding knowledge of career alternatives, and acquiring appropriate strategies and skills to carry out the process.
- Events including career fairs, workshops, and networking
- Internship and career searches
- Career counseling
- Resume and cover letter reviews
- Mock interviews
- Graduate and professional school preparation
- Assessments of abilities, interests, and priorities
- LinkedIn profile development Dressing for success
- Posting your resume on the Nittany Lion Career Network Career
Exploring majors and careers
MyPlan is an online career planning tool that can help you identify your personal interests, skills, and values. The career assessment will help you make well-informed decisions about academic and career goals.
To access MyPlan, contact Career Services for the free access code.
Research degree and certificate options
Connect majors to career possibilities with the What Can I Do With This Major tool as you consider Penn State's many major, minor, and certificate programs.
Look at career opportunities
- CandidCareer: Watch pre-recorded informational interviews of people in their career positions to gain a realistic job preview
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations
- O*NET Online: Use the nation's primary source of occupational information to investigate careers
- U.S. News Best Job Rankings: Discover how jobs in your interest area are ranked nationally
Internship and career planning
Penn State Shenango's Office of Career Services can provide assistance to students searching for employment, internship, and co-op opportunities.
Searching for your internship
Internships.com is the world’s largest internship marketplace, bringing students, employers and higher education institutions together in one centralized location.
Recognized by Forbes as a Top 10 Careers Website, Internships.com provides a wide variety of interactive, world-class tools and services designed to provide students, employers, and educators with a better understanding of how to optimize internship opportunities.
Looking for your career
Use a combination of job search strategies for a successful job search like Nittany Lion Careers, LionLink, career fairs, networking, targeted search, job search engines, and professional associations.
Services for employers
Our dedicated staff look to facilitate the connection between Penn State students and future employers, graduate and professional schools, and networking contacts. We are excited to strengthen the relationship between employers and students.