We know there are a number of reasons you are considering transferring from your current college.
We also know you might have concerns about transferring current course work, meeting program prerequisites, managing timelines, and more. We want to help you through the process of applying to Penn State as a transfer student.
At Penn State Shenango, you get the quality education employers demand and the individual attention you deserve.
Students are eligible to transfer to Penn State Shenango if they:
- Have earned a high school diploma or a GED.
- Are in good academic standing at your previous college(s).
- Have attempted or will have attempted 18 or more semester hours of college course work at a regionally accredited college/university before enrolling at Penn State.
See how your credits can transfer
Find out how your previous college work might transfer to Penn State with our Transfer Credit Tool. You will get an idea which classes have already been evaluated, and which classes you may need to submit information about.
What to expect
As a Transfer student at Penn State Shenango, you'll have unlimited support and opportunities. You can:
- Get professional guidance and support all along the way.
- Take advantage of a variety of scheduling options, including enrolling part- for full-time while participating in day and/or evening classes.
- Interact with a diverse community of students, faculty, and staff.
- Accumulate college credits that are transferable to other learning institutions.
- Earn a certificate or degree that is respected worldwide.
To see how your credits will transfer, go to Evaluate Transfer Credits Online.
How to apply
- Create a MyPennState profile.
- Fill out the application in your MyPennState profile. Have a copy of your high school and college transcripts available.
- Review your MyPennState checklist for prompts to ensure all required supporting materials have been received. These may include: official college final high school and dual enrollment transcripts, or SAT (code #2660) or ACT (code #3656) scores. These may be emailed, mailed, or faxed to our Admissions office. Once all materials have been received, your application will be considered complete.
Address: Penn State Shenango Admissions, 225 Lecture Hall, 147 Shenango Avenue, Sharon, PA, 16146
Email: [email protected]
- After receiving your offer of admission, pay the $230 registration fee to save your spot. Congratulations! You’re officially a Penn Stater. Review our information for accepted students and watch your email for next steps.
Penn State Shenango and BC3 have a comprehensive articulation agreement, which allows many community college students to complete their coursework and transfer to Penn State to complete a baccalaureate or other advanced degree.
Penn State will waive the application fee for any BC3 transfer student who applies to the University.
Transfer student application evaluation
Transfer applicants that meet the necessary high school requirements, grade-point average minimum, application deadline (if applicable), and campus and/or program requirements are eligible for review for transfer admission. Meeting all of the established criteria is not a guarantee of admission.
The application will be reviewed once Penn State receives a complete application. Some students may receive a decision within a few weeks, but the majority of reviews take 6 to 8 weeks to reach a decision.
If accepted, you will receive an evaluation of transferable credits in the mail with your offer of admission.
The evaluation of transfer credits is based on any transcripts Penn State receives with the application. Prior to receiving this evaluation, students can also check how their course work will transfer using our Transfer Credits Tool.
Visit Penn State Shenango
Check out our selection of open houses, application workshops, and personalized visits to discover why Penn State Shenango is the perfect place for you.