SHARON, Pa. — Penn State Shenango’s Academic and Career Planning Services Office is hosting a weekly webinar series to bolster student success throughout the spring 2021 semester.
“Our office is dedicated to helping students develop solid academic plans, prepare for internship and job searches, and succeed in a competitive world,” said Academic Advising Manager Amy Petrucci-Effinite.
Workshops cover a variety of topics that range from new major information sessions to career planning strategies. Shenango students and alumni are encouraged to attend. All workshops will begin at 12:15 p.m. on Zoom.
- Jan. 26 – Motivation Strategies for Creating Success
- Feb. 2 – Lunch & Learn: Career Chat with Billie Jean Horvath, HDFS and M. Ed.
- Feb. 16 – Lunch & Learn: Financial Literacy
- Feb. 23 – Building Your Professional Brand
- Mar. 2 – Building a Strong LinkedIn Profile
- Free Professional Headshots for Attendees
- Mar. 9 – Resume Writing: Avoiding the Black Hole
- 24-hour Resume Review by Career Services for Attendees
- Mar. 16 – Networking Etiquette
- Mar. 23 – Scheduling 101
- Mar. 30 – Ace That Interview! Practice with a Mock Interview via InterviewStream.
- Apr. 9 through Apr. 11 – JCPenney Virtual Suit Up Event
- Attendees can shop online and receive a discount on professional attire
- Apr. 13 – Lunch & Learn: College of Ag
- Apr. 20 – Tips for Finals
At each workshop, attendees will be entered into a drawing to win a swag bag! For the Lunch & Learns, students will be entered into a drawing to win a food voucher for the Lion's Den Café. At the end of the semester, students that attend six out of the 12 workshops and events will be entered into a drawing to win a $25 Bookstore voucher.
The Academic and Career Planning Services Office can be reached at [email protected] or 724-983-2860 to assist with any questions.