An advantage to pursuing your degree at a Penn State Shenango is the savings. Tuition and fees are structured to be as affordable as possible to students that are residents of Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Virginia, and West Virginia as well as the District of Columbia.
Through our Discover Award, qualifying students save $6,000 per year in their first two years of their Penn State education and $7,000 per year in the third and fourth years. That's up to $26,000 in total if you start and finish your degree at one of Penn State's campuses other than University Park.
Students who transfer for their junior year may be considered for an award of $6,500 a year for up to three years to help them earn a bachelor’s degree.
More details about timelines, eligibility, and renewal criteria can be found on the Discover page on Penn State's Admissions website. Check out the Shenango campus's tuition information to see how affordable a Penn State degree can be.
Details and Eligibility
- Qualifying students must be first-year undergraduates and reside in one of the following states: Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Virginia, and West Virginia as well as the District of Columbia.
- Students who start and finish their degree at one of Penn State's 19 eligible campuses may realize $26,000 in total savings.
- Students do not have to apply for the award – they are automatically considered.
- Students who decide to transition to the University Park campus for their third and fourth years would realize two years of significant savings toward their Penn State degree.
First consideration will be given to first-year students who:
- Have a complete application on file by November 30 for the following academic year (summer/fall) semester or for the immediately following spring semester as a new first-year applicant.
- Select a Commonwealth Campus as one of their campus choices on the application for admission (first choice or alternate choice)
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by December 1.
First consideration will be given to transfer students who:
- Have a complete application on file by May 1 for the following academic year (summer/fall).
- Select a Commonwealth Campus as their first-choice campus on the application of admission.
- Select a Commonwealth Campus major/pre-major on the application of admission.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).