Forming a partnership with Penn State Shenango Career Services will help you to connect with our students and meet your recruitment needs. We provide personalized services to simplify your campus relations program and the recruitment process.
Online job and internship postings
Employers can register with Nittany Lion Careers to post employment, internship, and/or co-op opportunities online. This service is free to employers and features a searchable database of student resumes.
We'll work together to analyze your situation and recommend the best course of action for your organization. We offer two primary methods of on-campus recruitment:
- Information table: We invite you to recruit students and promote employment openings by reserving an information table on campus. We'll work with you to select a time and campus location that will create the most visibility for your organization.
- On-campus interviews: We invite you to use our campus facilities to interview our students for employment and internship opportunities. We'll coordinate and schedule your interviews with the candidates you select.
- Post the position on Nittany Lion Careers.
- Screen and select Penn State candidates you wish to interview.
- Send us an email with your list of selected candidates and the date you’d like to conduct interviews on campus.
- We'll reserve the facilities, contact the candidates, and schedule the interviews.
We work in tandem with our academic departments to meet the internship needs of students and employers. Internships can be full or part-time, paid or unpaid, and can be used for academic credit or as an unpaid method of exploration.
Internship openings can be posted on Nittany Lion Careers or emailed to Career Services. If emailing the position, please include your business or organization's name, the position title, a brief job description, the pay rate (if applicable), and the application process.
Getting involved and connecting with our students
Employers are a valuable and informative resource for our students. We offer several ways for your organization to get involved and connect with students. Please contact us to learn more about the following activities:
- Classroom presentations: Faculty members welcome professionals into classrooms to talk about their experiences.
- Student club presentations: Visit an on-campus meeting of a student organization to discuss career-related topics.
- Panels and workshops: Participate in speaker panels and workshops to educate students about your career field.
- Mock interviews: Help students enhance their interviewing skills by participating in our Mock Interview Program.
- Job shadowing: Help students gain valuable insight by hosting them at your place of employment.
- Mentoring: Offer a student your guidance and expertise about your career field.
Our campus participates in the following Career Fairs:
WestPACS Career Fair: This is Penn State’s career fair for the southwestern Pennsylvania region and is held every fall and spring semester in the Pittsburgh area. For details and registration information, please visit WestPACS.
Penn State University Park Career Days: Penn State University Park hosts a series of Career Fairs every semester.
Job posting/company verification disclaimer
Read the full disclaimer, which describes the shared responsibility among Penn State Career Services (including University Park and Commonwealth Campus career offices) and internship/job seekers in researching and identifying potential concerns about the legitimacy of employers and their respective postings.