SHARON, Pa. — A panel of Shenango Valley health care professionals will discuss their experiences while working through the COVID-19 pandemic at Penn State Shenango’s lecture series event in October.
“Pandemic Perspectives from Local Health Professionals” will be moderated by Assistant Teaching Professor Joan Humphrey. Humphrey is Penn State Shenango’s nursing program coordinator, a certified nurse educator and a practicing board-certified family nurse practitioner.
The panel will feature:
- George Garrow, chief medical officer at Primary Health Network, who in addition to sharing field experiences, will present “A Coordinated and Comprehensive Approach to COVID-19 Mitigation in the Workplace.”
- Deanna Ford, director of mission and values at Mercy Health, who will speak about end-of-life issues that may suddenly arise in those diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Kayla Crawford, a registered nurse and bachelor of science in nursing student at Shenango, who will discuss front-line nursing and COVID-19.
- Chelsey Blakely, a registered respiratory therapist and student at Shenango, who will present “COVID-19: Views and Experiences from the Respiratory Therapist’s Standpoint.”
Connect to “Pandemic Perspectives from Local Health Professionals” via Zoom (webinar ID: 947 8076 0647, passcode: 2020) at 5:30 p.m. on Oct. 29. The public is welcomed to join. Registration is not required.
2020-21 lecture series events
- “Searching for Jimmy Hoffa: The Disappearance of America’s Most Notorious Labor Leader and Why It Still Matters Today” by Penn State Laureate David Witwer will be held at 12:15 p.m. on Nov. 12. Preview Witwer’s presentation on YouTube.
- “Bulletproofing Our schools: Exploring the Connection Between School Security Products, Race, Class, and School Violence” by Assistant Professor Travis Milburn will be held at 5:30 p.m. on Feb. 11.
Lecture Series events are subject to change and will be held virtually. Connection information will be shared prior to each event. Public attendance is welcomed.